Saint Patrick’s Parish Donabate
Guidelines for Marriage in the Parish of Donabate, Portrane & Balheary
The Priests of Donabate Parish welcome you to the Church for your wedding and offer these guidelines as a support to you in your preparations.
Please contact the Parish Office or one of the Priests of the Parish 6 months before you intend to marry and have the date of your wedding entered into the Parish diary.
Contact number for, Fr. Pat Reilly, P.P. 8436 099 or the Parish Office 8434 574.
After booking your date and paying the fee, you must inform your own priest that you intend to get married and arrange with him to have your Pre-Nuptial Enquiry form filled up. Please do not make an appointment with your priest before 6 months of the proposed date of marriage.
What the Couple must do:
- Meet a civil registrar at least 3 months before the wedding to give notice of their intention to marry. Registrars Office, Lombard Street, Ph. 671 1968
- Make sure the priest who has agreed to marry you is on the ‘List of Solemnisers’. If he is not on the list ask your local priest about having him nominated as a Temporary Solemniser for your marriage.
- Name of Priest who will officiate at your marriage
- If either of you has been previously married you must provide the Civil Registrar with an original divorce decree or death certificate if widowed.
- Receive the Marriage Registration Form (MRF) from the civil registrar.
- Bring the MRF to the solemniser
- Make the verbal declaration of no civil impediment not more than 2 days before the wedding
- Return the signed MRF to any civil registrar not later than 1 month after the wedding.
Please contact Gillian at All Hallows College Tel. 837 3745, Accord (Tel. 4784400) for details about a Marriage Preparation Course or contact Naomi Marriage Counseling (Tel. 8786156 or Free phone 1800 777 771).
A new Baptismal Certificate issued within the last six months is required. This means contacting the Parish where you were baptised and asking when you can obtain a baptismal certificate.
A Certificate of Confirmation is needed stating the date and place of Confirmation.
A Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Form has to be filled in, usually in the Parish where you have resided in for the last six months. To be completed with the priest of the parish you are living in, within 6 months before the date of proposed marriage.
A letter of Freedom from a family member is required. A form may be obtained in the parish Office or by download, see link below.
If one of you is not Catholic, a dispensation for an inter church marriage must be applied for from the Archbishop. It is advisable to see your priest earlier in this situation to allow enough time to apply for same.
Music is available by arrangement with the organist of the Parish, who will arrange a singer also. Alternative music arrangements may be made by the couple if they wish.
Organist: Claire O’Connor, Telephone: 086 2894 749.
Sarah Gleeson looks after the Church in Balheary with regard to access for Flower arrangements and Wedding rehearsal. Contact no. 8409 390.
Please note that for Health and Safety reasons no Candles are allowed in the aisles or back of church. No flowers allowed on windows sills.
Church Donation: Parishioners 200 euro
Non Parishioners 300 euro
All marriage papers must have arrived at the Parish Office at least one month before the Wedding date.
We wish you a very enjoyable day.
If you would like a copy to print out click below.
Updated Parish Privacy Statement – 24 March 2023 This privacy statement outlines how Donabate, Portrane & Balheary Parish manages the information you provide while using … Continue reading
Maranatha – the second of our 3 special Confirmation preparation Maranatha events takes place on Friday next, 1st March, from 7:30pm to 8:30pm in St. Patrick’s Church and will also … Continue reading
We in the Parish of Donabate, Portrane and Balheary value and encourage the participation of children and young people in parish liturgies and in activities … Continue reading